Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Paradise on earth!

It was a lazy friday evening when we decided to take a trip out of the crazy-busy-hectic bangalore and move into the lush green high altitudes of the ghats.The places we had in our intenary were Jog falls,Hebbe falls,shanthi falls etc.

Frankly speaking,i had absolutely no idea what was in store.I thought its just another hill station with the same kind of views we get to see from nandi hills,ooty or kodai..I had been to these conventional places so many times that my intention was to have fun along with friends and never expected anything out of the ordinary.
We were just 5 people and i was thinking maybe we would not have as much as fun afterall..BUT....what happened over the next two days..completely floored me!!
What you get to see in some of the snaps below is only a glimpse of what we all saw there.All the places we went to were...untouched by the commercial invasion that many other hill stations are facing. You could even call them virgin hill stations..barring a few handfull of visitors.
The magnificient views from these hills just took my breath away. I really liked the way people trek to reach these places although we were too lazy to take that path. The most wonderful moments shot on camera for me was on the way back from hebbe falls.The Jeep which carried us, had to stop for some reason.We got down and for a moment i thought i was transported to paradise.There were small trees all arround us..as far as our eyes can see.There were some clouds kissing on the hilltops..so the trees looked as if they were disappearing in the horizon..Thats it...This trip will go down in my memory books as THE BEST one i have ever taken.And of course not to mention...those lovely leeches which have kept up my adventuristic skills.(at least 7 or 8 leeches bit me while crossiing various water streams:-))
Ooty,Kodai....down down..!!
khemengundi....Hurrah!!!!!!
Take a look...

No comments: